Punjab national bank is coming under the leading government banks of India. You will find all of the regular banking services under their savings account variant. This is not the end. You may have heard that it is the third-largest banks of India. Also, not only the banking services, you can avail various financial services from this bank as well. In this post, we will be talking about PNB saving account opening.
Punjab National Bank Savings Account:
We know that Punjab national bank offers attractive interest rates on the savings bank account. It is because they want their customers to be happy with their services. Apart from being one of the leading government banks in India, they are providing almost all and ease to access services to the customers. Meanwhile, you can also open a net banking account quickly via using your debit card online.
The savings bank account of Punjab national bank provides not only attractive interest rates but also the things we mostly look into while opening a bank account. So, if you also want to open a bank account with Punjab national bank, then you can follow the steps we have given below along with the eligibility criteria.
- The citizen should be from India.
- The applicant should be more than 18 years age.
- The applicant is required to have a valid identity and government proof.
- Once the bank verifies the application, then the applicant needs to deposit the minimum amount required to open a savings bank account with Punjab national bank.
Steps to Open PNB Saving Account Instantly:
There are two processes for opening a savings bank account with Punjab national bank. The first one is offline, and the other one is online.
- First, you need to visit the nearest Punjab national bank branch.
- Make sure to carry all the required documents with you.
- Second, go through the new account opening section and ask them for the account opening form.
- Fill the form with all correct & required details.
- Then, submit the form to the bank executive along with documents and minimum deposit cheque.
- It is once submitted. Your bank account will be active in a few days.
- First, you need to visit the PNB official website.
- Second, on the homepage, click on savings account and then on new request.
- Fill all the required details on the online form.
- Post submission, you will receive TCRN (Temporary Customer Reference Number).
- The same thing will also be sent to your mail ID and mobile number.
- After getting this number, you need to submit valid documents and other details for KYC.
- Once the KYC is verified, the bank will activate your account within three to five working days.
- Proof of Identity – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address – Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- Two latest passport size photographs
It is not easy to choose a bank account. We need to check many things before opening a bank account. Likewise, the services they offer and what are the interest rates and minimum balance. However, if your choice is Punjab national bank and you are looking for the process to open a bank account with it. Then, you are in the right place. Here we have added all the required details you need to know for opening a new savings bank account with Punjab national bank.
Smriti Jain is the owner and senior content publisher at Financesmarti. Financesmarti is a website where she shares a lot of useful stuff for the people and business of India. This includes small business ideas and other banking information, as well. Smriti completed her education in science & technology from Delhi University. Smriti usually has interests in digital marketing now, and she has chosen this career for the full-time opportunity. The primary purpose of starting this blog to provide quality information on the banking industry to the people.