The Aadhaar card, issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is an essential document for every Indian citizen. It serves as proof of identity and residence, providing access to a wide range of government services and benefits. And yes, even your newborn baby needs one!
Now, you might be thinking, “How on earth do I get an Aadhaar card for my tiny baby?” Well, fear not! We’re about to unravel the mystery for you. The process might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but we’ll break it down into simple steps, so you can navigate it like a pro.
Before diving into the application process, there’s one crucial step: both parents should have their own Aadhaar cards. Why? Because your baby’s Aadhaar details will be linked to your Aadhaar information, ensuring a smooth connection. If you haven’t obtained an Aadhaar card for yourself or your spouse yet, it’s time to check that off your to-do list.
Once you have your own Aadhaar cards in hand, it’s time to gather the necessary documents for your little one’s application. You’ll need your child’s birth certificate, proof of address, proof of identity for both parents, and of course, your Aadhaar cards. Keep these documents handy as we move forward to make the application process a breeze.
Now, let’s talk about the options you have for submitting the application. You can either visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Centre or take advantage of the online application process. If you opt for the in-person visit, it allows for face-to-face interaction and assistance, but if you prefer convenience, the online method might be your best bet. Whichever route you choose, we’ve got your back with a step-by-step guide to help you sail through.
By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll be equipped with all the information you need to apply for an Aadhaar card for your newborn baby. Remember, getting your baby’s Aadhaar card is not only a legal requirement but also an important step in ensuring their future access to various services and benefits. So, let’s dive in and set your little one on the path to having their own unique identity!
Step 1: Ensure that both parents have Aadhaar cards
- It is essential that both parents have their own Aadhaar cards before applying for your newborn’s Aadhaar card.
- If you or your spouse do not have an Aadhaar card, you should apply for one before proceeding with your child’s application.
Step 2: Gather the necessary documents
In order to request an Aadhaar card for your newborn, the following documents are required:
- Birth certificate of the child: Acquire a duplicate of the birth certificate from either the hospital or the local municipal authority.
- Proof of identity for both parents: Provide any government-issued photo ID, such as a passport, driver’s license, or PAN card, as evidence of identity for both parents.
- Proof of address: Submit documents like a bank statement, utility bill, or passport to establish your residential address.
- Aadhaar cards of both parents: Ensure that you have your Aadhaar cards readily available for cross-checking and verification.
Step 3: Choose the application method
You have two options for submitting the application: offline or online.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Carry all the necessary documents and forms with you.
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrollment form, providing accurate information about your child.
- Submit the form along with the supporting documents.
- Your child’s biometric data, such as fingerprints and photograph, will be collected at the center.
- Once the process is complete, you will receive an acknowledgment slip with an enrollment number.
- Visit the official UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in) and navigate to the “Aadhaar Enrollment” section.
- Click on “Online Appointment” and select your preferred Aadhaar Enrollment Centre and time slot.
- Fill out the online form with the required details, including your child’s information.
- Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Submit the form and wait for the confirmation of your appointment.
- On the scheduled date and time, visit the selected Aadhaar Enrollment Centre to complete the biometric verification process.
Step 4: Follow up on the application
- After submitting the application, it may take a few weeks for your child’s Aadhaar card to be processed and issued.
- You can track the status of your application by visiting the UIDAI website or using the Aadhaar Enrollment ID mentioned on the acknowledgment slip.
- Once the application is processed, you will receive a notification or SMS regarding the successful generation of your child’s Aadhaar card.
- You can then download the e-Aadhaar card from the UIDAI website using your child’s enrollment number and other necessary details.
Step 5: Safeguard and use the Aadhaar card
- Once you receive the Aadhaar card, it is essential to keep it safe and secure.
- Ensure that you make multiple copies of the card for future reference.
- Use the Aadhaar card as needed for various purposes such as availing government services, enrolling in schools, or opening bank accounts for your child.
- It’s advisable to start the application process for your newborn’s Aadhaar card as early as possible to avoid any delays or last-minute hassles.
- Double-check all the documents and information before submitting the application to minimize errors and avoid rejection.
- If you face any difficulties during the application process or have any questions, you can reach out to the UIDAI helpline or visit their official website for assistance.
Can I use the same Aadhaar card for my newborn across different services and institutions?
Yes, the same Aadhaar card can be used for your newborn baby across various services and institutions, such as schools, hospitals, and government offices. It serves as a unique identification document for your child.
What should I do if I have more questions or need assistance regarding my newborn’s Aadhaar card?
If you have further questions or need assistance, you can contact the UIDAI helpline at their toll-free number or visit the official UIDAI website for FAQs, guides, and additional information. You can also visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre for face-to-face assistance.
What should I do if there is a mistake or error in my child’s Aadhaar card?
If there is an error or mistake in your child’s Aadhaar card, you can request a correction or update by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre. Provide the necessary documents and fill out the correction form to rectify the errors.
Can I apply for an Aadhaar card for my newborn baby if I don’t have an Aadhaar card myself?
No, both parents must have their own Aadhaar cards before applying for their child’s Aadhaar card. This is necessary to link the child’s details to the parents’ Aadhaar information.
Is it mandatory to apply for an Aadhaar card for a newborn baby?
Yes, it is mandatory to apply for an Aadhaar card for a newborn baby. It serves as proof of identity and residence, which is essential for various government services and benefits.
How long does it take to get the Aadhaar card for a newborn baby?
After submitting the application, it usually takes a few weeks for the Aadhaar card to be processed and issued. You can track the status of your application online using the enrollment number or UID mentioned on the acknowledgment slip.
Obtaining an Aadhaar card for your newborn baby is an essential step towards establishing their identity as an Indian citizen. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure a smooth application process.
Remember to have your own Aadhaar cards in place before applying for your child’s Aadhaar. Gather the necessary documents, choose between the offline and online application methods, and diligently follow up on the status of your application.
By obtaining an Aadhaar card for your newborn, you’re setting them on the path to accessing various government services and benefits. It’s a vital document that will accompany them throughout their lives.
If you have any questions or need assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to the UIDAI helpline or visit their website for support.
So, take the necessary steps, apply for your newborn’s Aadhaar card, and ensure a bright and secure future for your little one.